Thursday, April 2nd, 2020
A gas boiler service ensures that your system is running at its maximum efficiency levels and ensures that no fuel (and, therefore, money) is wasted unnecessarily when operating your gas boiler. The service will highlight any issues you many have with your boilers efficiently or output. This could help with costly gas boiler repairs.
The check list on an annual gas boiler service
It is important to know under Irish Law it is a criminal offense for anyone that is not certified as a RGI (Registered Gas Installer) to work on your gas boiler boiler or gas line. All our staff at DeWAR Gas Service are directly employed and registered gas installers.
Below you will find a complete gas boiler service checklist which outlines everything that you should expect/demand from your gas contractor when they are carrying out an annual gas boiler service for your heating system.
• Make sure the gas boiler’s location is suitable.
• Check that the gas boiler is properly ventilated.
• Look for visible damage on the gas boiler.
Check the following:
• Check the flue’s location and condition.
• Check for spillages around the flue.
• Check the condensate drainage system (this only applies to high efficiency condensing boilers)
• Check that the gas boiler has suitable clearance from any flammable materials.
• Check the main burner and clean it where necessary.
• Check the main burner operation and adjust if need be (the manufacturer’s specifications should be checked when doing this).
• Check the pilot burner and its cables. They should also be cleaned if necessary.
• Check the heat exchanger and clean where necessary.
• Check the flue’s effectiveness while running the gas boiler.
• Check to make sure that a 3-amp fuse is properly connected.
• Check for electrical isolation.
• Check electrical wiring for damage.
• Check that electrical wiring is properly connected to the gas boiler.
• Check to ensure that the gas boiler’s thermostat is functioning correctly.
• Check the system’s pressure levels (the manufacturer’s specifications should be checked when doing this).
• Check the expansion vessel and charge it (if necessary).
• Check that the flue guard is fitted properly.
• Check boiler controls (where applicable). These include zone valves, time clock, and the thermostat.
Once all checks are completed, a combustion efficiency test should be carried out.
After the gas boiler service is completed a Declaration of Conformance Certificate 3 is issued by the registered gas installer.
if you would like your boiler serviced you could book it online or by calling us on 015143344 anytime. We are service all areas of Dublin 24 hours a day.